Thursday, March 15, 2012

Letter from Papaji

My Dear Vivek,

Based on my experience and as your well wisher I would like to give you some advice

  1. Arrange health Insurance policies separately both for yourself and your wife
  2. Take a life Insurance policy on your life. Consult Vijay about a reliable Life Insurance company in US
  3. Make Wills. Both you and your wife should consult a lawyer who can draft the will for both of you. Lawyer can be in your company, otherwise get assistance from your company about a good lawyer. It is obligatory to name an executive of the will. Executor can be Rohit/Vikas or other members of
    the family.
  4. You are getting a good salary. How much salary are you saving and where are you investing your savings. Banks in USA are giving a very little interest on FD and savings account. Pls consult Vijay for a sound Mutual Fund which you can invest in and get good return. Pls remember that safety of savings is
    more important than return I am sure you must be avoiding wasteful expenditure. 
  5. As a young student, after my matriculation, I joined DAV College Lahore , now in Pakistan. At the inaugural speech to fresh students who had joined college in the first year, the Principal advised that before you incurring expenditure on any thing, ask yourself if you can do without that thing which you propose to buy

I have not forgotten this advice even after 80 years

At the end, I hope you are enjoying good health.

With lots of love and good wishes

No comments:

Post a Comment